Shipments leaving weekly for Alexandria, Egypt from the UK
What can we ship to Egypt
We can ship all manner of vehicles around the world from the UK daily. If you have any questions regarding the export of your vehicle to Egypt or anywhere else internationally, do not hesitate to get in touch. As well as standard cars we often ship motorcycles, vans, caravans, motorhomes, trucks, boats, yachts and certain types of machinery.
If you have any concerns about getting your vehicle to where it needs to be, the best solution is to get directly in contact with us, either by email, phone or any of the other options available to you. You can also get in contact for any help and advice for anything to do with our international transport services or for a free, no obligations quote.
Egypt Vehicle Import Customs Regulations
Customs duty varies between 40% and 135%
- Tax varies between 10% and 35%.
- Full customs duty and tax is payable for all vehicles.
- For used cars, shippers must prove that they are the first owner of the car.
- For new cars, the car must be imported with the same year of manufacturing.
Cars with trip-tickets issued by automobile clubs are allowed to enter duty and tax free only on tourist basis for 3 months, renewable for another 3 months. Cars must be exported out of Egypt at the end of the 6 months period. Licencing fees is only applicable on those cars
Clearance through Egyptian customs depends on the kind of products that you are shipping. CIF (cost, insurance, freight) is considered for assessing duty. For shipments that cost more than $1000, you will have to produce Certificate of Origin, also known as CoO. In addition, such packages have to be stamped and approved. You have to keep in mind that certain things are not allowed to be shipped into Egypt.
Requirements for shipping to Egypt
Returning Citizens documents required
- Bill of Lading
- Passport - with entry stamp date of maximum of 6 months old
- Typed Invetory (Egyptian Customs do not accept handwritten inventories)
- Keys for the car
- Authorization letters to handle the shipment, locally issued in Egypt Motor Vehicles
- All motor vehicles for Egyptian are dutiable
- Vehicles can be used or new
- Consignee must be the first owner/buyer of their imported vehicle
- Authorization letters to handle the shipment Foreign Citizens documents required
- Bill of Lading
- Passport (original) with valid residency VISA for minimum of 3 months
- Typed Inventory (Egyptian customs do not accept hand written inventories)
- Keys for any automobiles
- Authorization letters to handle the shipment Motor Vehicles
- All motor vehicles are subject to duties and taxes, the vehicle must be imported the same year as it was purchased. Shipper must be the first buyer/owner.
- Motor vehicles (new or used) can be imported duty free for Expatriates working within the Egyptian government sector, who must guarantee re-exportation of the vehicle.
- Motor vehicles (new or used) can be imported duty free for Expatriate of non-governmental sector in one case only: if Expatriate is the owner or partner of a private company/project in Egypt. In this case, duty can be covered with local bank guarantee requirements are: proof of ownership/partnership from Egyptian investment authority, comapny commercial registration documents and taxtation documents.
- Trip ticket system allows free import for a maximum period of 6 months, provided submitting trip ticket documentation and plates. Once the 6 months are over, the car must be exported for at least 6 months before shipping it back to Egypt again.
- Authorization letter, locally issued in Egypt. Customs Regulations
- Foreign citizens without work VISA must pay full taxes and duties in order to import used personal goods.
Paying Local fees
Keep in mind that you may have to pay additional charges once you have reached you destination such as clearance, customs, duties and taxes. You can check out our International Customs and Excise Duties page to find more specific details or you can Contact us and one of our professional members of staff will be able to help.